Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Package From Boxbusters

Last month, out of the blue, I received a new e-mail in my inbox from W. Ross of Boxbusters.net. In the e-mail, there was a request for my address, so some cards could be sent over.

If people want to send me cards, I have absolutely no problem with that. I love the subtle nuances of cards, even if I have them. Seeing another card of something I already have gives me a chance to look at that card with fresh eyes. I usually find one or two small details that I may have missed at first glance.

For example, the 1991 Eric King card. On another glance, I can see that the shot was taken at home, not Spring Training. I can see the yellow railings of original Comiskey park and a retired number on the outfield wall. Albeit blurry, I can make these little details out.

I know that the retired number isn't Nellie Fox. The name is too slightly too long. Without the number showing a little more clearly, it's hard to tell who the retired number belongs to. This is just one of the many memories that these cards sparked. Let's see what was sent over!

1991 Topps
121 - Eric King
393 - Carlton Fisk AS
499 - Melido Perez
609 - Jeff Torborg
768 - Donn Pall

1992 Pinnacle
107 - Jack McDowell
178 - Tom Raines
334 - Craig Grebeck
364 - Greg Hibbard (2)
373 - Lance Johnson
389 - Scott Radinsky
391 - Kirk McCaskill
413 - Ron Karkovice

1993 Topps
400 - Bo Jackson

2007 SP Authentic - Authentic Speed
AS-45 - Scott Podsednik
AS-47 - Tadahito Iguchi

2008 Topps Chrome
64 - Mark Buehrle

2008 Topps Chrome Copper Refractor
79 - Paul Konerko 458/599

2008 Topps Heritage Chrome
C106 - Paul Konerko 0202/1959

2008 Upper Deck X
24 - Paul Konerko

2008 Yankee Stadium Legacy
2935 - Moose Skowron (06/06/1960)

Thanks! These brought back a lot of memories. I was considering "A Fistful Of Konerko" for a title, but the memories that the majority of the cards brought back overpowered the stash of Konerko.

Don't be surprised if you receive something in the mail down the road.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Glad they arrived safe and sound! Keep up the good work over here.

Ross

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...