Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mailbox Joys: The Joys And Horrors Of Card Collecting

 A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from JT of the excellent blog, The Writer's Journey. JT had a couple of cards he was wondering if I wanted. It just so happened to be two cards from 1989 Bowman. I had, long ago, completed the team set, but I still needed the Baines and Fisk cards for my player collections.

I sent JT my current address and a few days later, I found a little white envelope in the mailbox. I opened it up and found the two aforementioned cards and something else. Something strange. Something dangerous. Something, dare I say, fun.

There were more cards in the top loader.

I cannot begin to describe how my delight turned to curiosity, then horror, and finally mounted into a display of unbridled ecstasy.

These were no ordinary run of the mill cards.

These were...

Close, but not quite.

These were Cereal Killer cards!





Thanks, JT! Not only did the Bowman cards bring some joy, these Cereal Killer cards were an unexpected treat. I may have to seek out the rest of the set.

1 comment:

Jason T. Carter said...

Glad you liked them. I knew you were a horror movie buff like me, so figured they would be right up your alley. :)

They are sold at Wax-Eye.com and a few traditional retailers. The packaging is pretty awesome too.

JT, The Writer's Journey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...