Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Twittering A Buy-In

I don't check Twitter as often as I probably should. I get all of the notifications through my phone. Usually a Twitter notification and a text. I get tagged in a lot of stuff and it's usually someone hitting "reply all" and having a full blown conversation. Each reply gets the same treatment from my notifications. I'll usually give it a cursory glance before I swipe the notification away. If I'm at work, sometimes not even that much. I've been at work a lot lately, if you can tell by the lack of posts recently.

I don't usually purchase these on demand cards straight from Topps. They are usually too much money or I have to buy other cards that I don't want. I usually try to pick them up on the secondary market. So when J.T. of the fantastic Writer's Journey contacted me to see if I wanted in on a group break for Throwback Thursday, I said I was in. The caveat was that the entire lot had to be spoken for or the break wasn't happening. I said I was good for the White Sox card and if there was one card holding up the break, I would purchase that too. To my knowledge, every card was claimed because I only paid for the White Sox card.

And what a card it is! Tim Anderson is having a spectacular season. It has cooled some, but the numbers are still respectable. I am not a collector of football cards, so I was not familiar with this design, but I like it. It apparently is a 1970 Super Glossy Football design. Some are not enthralled with the design, but it reminds me of early nineties Fleer inserts, only better. I like the gradient background. I'm not sure I would like an entire set of this design, but for a handful of cards it's very nice.

Thank you, J.T.! I appreciate the opportunity to obtain a card for my collection without having a bunch of cards that I wouldn't really want. If the Reds and the White Sox have cards in the same offering again, I would like to do this arrangement again.

1 comment:

Bulldog said...

Reminded me of the 90's Fleer as well. Congrats on the card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...