Monday, April 7, 2008

Mailbox Joys: Fan Favorites Bat Card

I've been waiting for this card for slightly over two weeks, but I think it was worth it. It looks like a fun day at the ballpark, even with the lousy White Sox team that Harold was on when this picture was taken.

The bright colors remind me of the late eighties games from this picture. It's a shame that the fun was on the road. I highly doubt that the Sox would don their road uniforms for a home game and paint the yellow railings a reddish-orange color.

Shouldn't "Fan Favorites" be referring to the home team? It's a small detail that I can overlook, since this is a nice looking card. Although, Harold was such a nice guy, I can hardly think of any place that would boo him. Maybe he transcended the allegiance of the fans to become the ultimate fan favorite.

I suppose if he ever did that, Harold would have gotten much more than the minimum number of votes to stay on the Hall of Fame ballot. That argument is for another time and another post. This is all about the Harold Baines bat card and the colorful, joyous feeling that overtakes me as I look at it.

1 comment:

Dinged Corners said...

That is a beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...