Sunday, March 29, 2009

A "Little" Pack Of Cards From Andy

There are a few people that just send me random cards whenever the mood strikes them. One of those people is Andy of the fantastic blog Traded Sets.

I received an envelope the other day that was addressed to "Little Stevie" and had a familiar return address. My immediate reaction? When did I join the E Street Band? And will I get to meet LaBamba because of my new found Max Weinberg connection?

All of these are pipe dreams of course. The reality is that I have a better shot at singing the National Anthem at U.S. Cellular Field as a really far fetched fringe celebrity than showcasing my not quite up to E Street level guitar playing. For those of you who now believe that I'm a far fetched fringe celebrity... I'd like to know what color the sky is in your world. Maybe you see everything as a world of puppets, like Kenneth on 30 Rock.

Anyway, that's a tangent built for a lazy Sunday afternoon, which this is. Before I go off track any further, let's see what Andy sent over.

2009 Topps
30 - Ken Griffey Jr.
255 - Joe Crede

2009 Topps Heritage
200 - Ken Griffey Jr.
316 - Wilson Betemit

2009 Upper Deck
80 - Jermaine Dye (2)
435 - Carlos Quentin, Gavin Floyd, Javier Vazquez (TL)

Thank you, Andy! Those cards get me a little bit closer to some 2009 set completion! At some point, you will find an unexpected package in your mailbox.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Now that you told me about it, how can it be unexpected?

I wrote Little Stevie because ever since you posted that photo of yourself as a 10-year-old, that's how I picture you. Heh.

Steve Gierman said...

OK, that moniker makes more sense now.

You may know what, but you still don't know exactly when. :)

--David said...

That's what makes the surprises great! You might not know when they're coming, but when they show up, it's like christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...