Friday, March 19, 2010

Card Spotlight: 3-19-10

2010 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Relics #CCR-ARA - Alexei Ramirez

I stumbled across my first blaster of Heritage yesterday, so naturally I picked it up. I knocked two more base Sox cards of my list and pulled this relic of Alexei Ramirez.

I seem to be running into Alexei Heritage relics lately. I acquired two from last year's set. One from a box break and one from a trade. This year, my first relic is of Alexei. I'm not sure whether that means he's due for a fantastic year or I've doomed him from the start.

I do like the retro feel to this card. Even though relics weren't even a thought in any Topps employee's head back in 1961, the current design team hits the right notes with this card. It's not too flashy. A little understated. The perfect feel for the set.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...