Monday, September 13, 2010

Trading For Cards Sake

I'm slow getting to blogs sometimes. I wish there were more hours in the day, so I could read and/or discover all the ones pertaining to baseball cards. When I started blogging back in November 2007, there were just a handful of blogs. It was easy to keep track of each individual blog. The ones that would pop up were much easier to spot.

Today, it sometimes feels as if I'm wading through a sea of cardboard blogs. I try to get to as many as possible, which is why I have my blogroll set up with the most recent first. I go down the list and check just a little beyond the point of the most recent blog that I remember reading on my last check. I check out the blog lists on other blogs to see if any new ones popped up that I missed. This usually nets the majority of card blogs out there, eventually.

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I only recently discovered For Cards Sake. Nick, the great author of the blog, e-mailed me initiating a trade. Usually I ask if any trader has a blog. For whatever reason I didn't this time. It was only after I received Nick's package in the mail that I discovered he had a blog. the embarrassing part comes when I discover that he's been operating since last year and trading with blogs that I currently read. Doh!

For Cards Sake is now proudly displayed in the blogroll and I just received some great cards from Nick! In addition to the awesome Esteban Loaiza relic, there were a smattering of White Sox cards from the past decade. There were even three cards from the 2008 Moments & Milestones set. Two of Frank Thomas and one of Jim Thome. That's three cards closer to the completion of my crazy goal from 2008.

Thanks, Nick! This was a great trade! Look in your mailbox shortly for some cards!

1 comment:

longlivethewho said...

Glad you liked them. Hope to trade with you again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...