Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ten More Cards Checked Off The Want List

I think I may have found someone with a loftier White Sox goal than mine. Ted of the White Sox Autograph Projects has a goal of getting autographs of every White Sox player since 1959!

The scary thing is that Ted is pretty close to accomplishing that goal!

Out of the kindness of his heart, he offered me some cards from my want list, with no expectations of anything in return. I'll be keeping an eye out for autographs from his want list. It may take a long time, but I'm sure I'll eventually run into something on Ted's want list.

The project that I'm most looking forward to seeing completion is the 2005 Topps Commemorative World Series set. Fifty-five cards of the World Champions, with two already signed.

Ted's package arrived over the busy Halloween weekend. From the murky depths of the bubble mailer came ten cards, mostly vintage. All are appreciated!

Most of the cards came from the sixties, which I'm slowly getting completed. One from the fifties, one from the seventies and two from the eighties, which leaves only Richard Dotson to finish the 1983 Topps set.
Thanks, Ted! These cards are all great! I can't express how happy I am with your awesome selections!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...