Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another Thigpen "Broder"

I mentioned on Wax Heaven that I would post the Thigpen card when it arrived, and here it is. Like Mario, I'm a bit perplexed about the origins of this card. All the card tells me is that the picture was taken between 1987 and 1990 and the back says 1987 Rookies.

There is a nice generic cartoon on the back. The player who is tagging the runner out looks to be on the Phillies. That's a bit ironic, since Bobby would play for the Phillies later in his career.

It seems to me that all mystery cards are now called "Broder" cards, even if they have nothing to do with the elusive Rob Broder. Does anyone out there have a real origin story for these cards? If so, I'd love to see it in the comments.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...