Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mailbox Joys: Soxes Draped In Red

There are deals on eBay, if you are willing to do some research. I was looking for some cheap parallels to 2008 Baseball Heroes. Specifically, I was looking for a good deal on anything Fisk or anything White Sox.

Since I only picked up Baseball Heroes in retail stores, I missed out on some hobby parallel exclusives, from what I understand. In reality, I've pretty much have only seen the base set and the charcoal parallel in the packs that I've run across.

I'm very careful with my limited funds these days, but I needed a pick me up, so I scoured eBay for recession relief. I was able to find a 5 card lot of red parallels for 99 cents. Nobody else bid on it, so I was lucky. The cards arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Not only did the lot come with a Carlton Fisk, but it also came with a Jermaine Dye and three other cards that will eventually go to unsuspecting blogging friends. You see the other reason that I was happy to pick these up was for the cards that I didn't collect. Two of the other three cards are earmarked for certain blogging friends. One day, these cards will just show up on their doorsteps.

In one fell swoop, I was able to pick myself up and possibly brighten the day of a friend or two down the line. That, my friends, is eBay buying at its best!

4 comments:

capewood said...

Nice work. I've never seen a red one of these. Blue and charcoal and green, but not red.

Steve Gierman said...

There seem to be an endless amount of parallels to this set. Some retail and some hobby exclusive.

night owl said...

I pulled an Andre Ethier red parallel last year. I was very pleased since it was a red parallel of a player on my favorite team and one of my favorite players.

Steve Gierman said...

Awesome pull!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...