Friday, December 14, 2007

Card Spotlight 12-14-07

1992 Studio Heritage #BC2 - Carlton Fisk

During my high school days, this was one of my favorite cards. There was just something about an old school uniform that always drew my attention.

I'm positive Carlton Fisk would have fit right in playing in early 20th century games. He had the attitude and respect of the game. Fisk always seemed more at home playing against Ty Cobb than against Deion "Prime Time" Sanders.

This card reminds me of those old school values. Some players can't pull this look off. Any player with gold chains and weird hairstyles always seem out of place in these types of cards. Carlton looks like he belongs. This is one of the cards I will always go to when people ask me how Fisk played. This look is why he was called "The Commander".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...