Friday, June 20, 2008

Card Spotlight: 6-20-08

2005 Leaf Century Collection (Dual Jersey & Stamp) #S-52 - Harold Baines 57/92

I've been swamped at work and have been devouring the third season DVD set of SNL (next up, the second season of Barney Miller), so I haven't been by the computer a lot and when I am it's just to check mail and to respond to things.

But this card came at the perfect time. I hadn't been home since Thursday morning around 5 AM, so I'm not sure if this beauty came in Thursday's mail or today's, but it sure got me smiling. Any jersey of Harold Baines is OK in my book, but this features a beautiful stamp of a play at the plate.

I was never really in to stamp collecting. I took a stab at it for about a month when regular U.S. postage stamps were only 22 cents. So, that should give you a nice timeline. Somewhere in the mid to late eighties. I've always appreciated them, but never felt compelled to collect them. This card might've kept me in stamp collecting, if it had been around then.

I promise to get the game recaps updated by next week. Plus, there have been a few overdue mailbox joys of the trade variety to post. If I get to some this weekend, it will be a miracle. Now, I can only hope that the Sox can take the next two games at Wrigley.

2 comments:

Wax Heaven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tm87 said...

My dad and I used to collect stamps when I was a kid. It was pretty cool looking at all the different stamps from other countries.

Now, this card is absolutely beautiful. I am totally jealous. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...