Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Is eTopps Still A Thing Or Am I Out Cards?

I know that Topps stopped selling new eTopps cards in 2012. The website is still active, but it's a mess. The website won't recognize my login and the forgot username and/or password link does not work. I e-mailed Topps about it on February 19th. I received a reply later that day that Topps was looking into the situation. I have not received any other communication from Topps.

While trying to get my collection streamlined and organized these past few months, I had a moment of clarity. I had eTopps cards that I hadn't shipped. This little epiphany started this frustrating path down the Topps rabbit hole.

So, is there anything I can do at this point? I feel like I've already invested too much time in this endeavor and the Topps Company has not invested any. At least that's the way it appears. Perhaps there is a dedicated team working around the clock on my login problem and I have exposed a previously undetected issue that threatens to bring down the very infrastructure of the Topps Company and all that will be left in its wake is Panini America and I will be burned in effigy for the destruction of the trading card industry, cancelling the National this year and beyond, and bringing the world to the brink of devastation. Perhaps not.

Closer to the truth is that Topps probably does give two bleeps about eTopps and most likely hasn't since before 2012. Truthfully, I haven't cared about eTopps in a long time either. The cards are still in limbo because I balked at the shipping rates years ago. I thought it might be time to get my cards out of limbo, but it's proving difficult to do so.

If anyone has any serious suggestions as how to get some actual help from Topps on this issue, I'm all ears. I don't see this ending well. I have a feeling that my account was deleted and I am out the cards I have stockpiled. I hope I'm wrong and a nice solution presents itself.


***UPDATE 4-1-19***
Apparently, I chose the absolute worst time to remember I had cards on eTopps. "System issues" was the explanation I was given. I am back into my account, but I seem to remember more cards in my account than I actually have. My memory could be faulty or cards could have disappeared. Nonetheless, I am back in and can formulate a plan from here.

6 comments:

JediJeff said...

I thought you can still can have the cards shipped. Unless something changed recently I didn't notice.

Steve Gierman said...

I’m pretty sure that you still can, but my account seems to be missing. Wasn’t sure if it was the website or the discontinuation of eTopps itself.

Rob said...

Yikes - let us know what you find out. I know I have cards there...

Steve Gierman said...

I'll update if there's any more info to the story.

Prymtymdad said...

What did you find out? I am trying to log in now and same issues.

Steve Gierman said...

The site has a lot of issues and is down a lot, but your cards should still be available and will still be able to ship to you. There hasn't been new eTopps cards in quite a few years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...