Friday, July 29, 2011

Card Spotlight: 7-29-11

2000 Topps #139 - Brook Fordyce

I'll admit that I don't remember too much about Brook Fordyce on the White Sox. I do remember that he had a mini radio show on one of the AM sports radio stations when he was with the White Sox. I do remember having a strong opinion about him (I liked him on the Sox), but for the life of me, I can't recall any single memory of his playing days.

I'm guessing that Mark Johnson and Charles Johnson (no relation) took away most of those memories. In fact, I was probably blinded by the fact that Harold Baines came back to the Sox, along with his replacement Charles Johnson, that Fordyce was just a distant but pleasant memory buried in the nooks and crannies of my mind.

This is one of the reasons why I enjoy collecting cards. It jogs my memory. Players that I liked, but were only a blip on my radar, can instantly be remembered, even if those memories aren't so clear. I remember Brook Fordyce over such catchers as Chad Kreuter and Charlie O'Brien and Robert Machado. I suppose that's the important thing. Pleasant, fuzzy memories can be a good thing. Someday, they may coax a better memory.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...