Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Swayze Way

I've been a little occupied lately, but I wanted to share with you an image from one of my favorite Patrick Swayze movies. Yes, that is Patrick Swayze in drag. I've liked a lot of his movies, but this one has to be in the top five. It's always good for some laughs. And heart. Lots of heart. I'll probably get to that movie on the weekend. I chose Red Dawn earlier.

As for the lack of blog posts, I've had some things taking me away from the computer. I was a little under the weather on Saturday into Sunday, so I vegged on the couch for a marathon of the fourth season of SNL. I was sad to see the last major performances of both Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi on the program. Both would appear later on SNL, with John appearing in a sketch standing at a urinal in a Halloween show with Donald Pleasance hosting. I'm kind of glad that Michael Palin never hosted SNL with Belushi in the cast after 1979. I'm not sure if I could take another appearance of Captain Ned of the Raging Queen. Two was enough. It was funny, but overstayed its welcome quickly.

I felt better Sunday night, so I worked on some long neglected band project. Suffice to say, I finally finished the artwork for a Stedy Giers cover of a Beatles song and got it posted on MySpace. I've only been putting it off for months. At least it's done now. It would have been more appropriate last week, but what are you gonna do?

Monday has been spent working my way through a box of cards that I received in the mail, which has everything to do with the teaser post from earlier. The want list is now updated accordingly.

Things should be a little more active than the past few days. That is until Tracey and I see Dreams at Sam Maguire's in Orland Park on Saturday night. What can I say? It's good to know the band.

I think I'll go pop in the Best of Chris Farley, so I can see Swayze win the Chippendale's dancing audition from a surprisingly limber Farley.

1 comment:

Shane said...

It has been a crazy few months for celebrity deaths....
Can't believe who we've lost in 2009.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...