Friday, May 7, 2010

The Baseball Card Bandit Has Struck Again!

At least that's what everyone in my household said today, as someone else found a plastic case full of cards somewhere on the porch this afternoon.

When mysterious packages of cards show up after the mail already arrived, there can only be one person responsible... Johngy! Unless I have a team of Keebler elves dropping of assorted vintage cards and other neat card surprises on my doorstep, I think I have the mystery solved. Then again, if the Keebler elves can convince Judd Hirsch to build a weapon to use against Snap, Crackle and Pop, they are capable of anything.

In one fell swoop, another good chunk of 1970 Topps disappeared from my want list. So did a good portion of 1972 Topps. The 1978 Topps and 1982 Topps sets came to completion. Plus, some more 1992 and 1993 Topps Gold cards vanished from the list.

Thank you so much, John! This was a great unexpected surprise!

2 comments:

Johngy said...

It's the least I can do for all of your work on The Cards That Never Were!
By the way, what's with the 2 versions of 1992 Topps Gold? One with "winner" another without? I never noticed that before.

Steve Gierman said...

The "winner" cards were available by mailing in winning game cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...