Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Frank Thomas Drinking Game

Steve Stone is on vacation, so Frank Thomas is filling in as Ken Harrelson's television broadcasting partner, while the Sox are in Kansas City.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting people drink and if you do, it is of your own free will. Some people will find a way to drink, so here's to you.

Every time Frank says, "No doubt about it", take a drink. Every time Frank says, "Definitely", take a drink. Every time Frank something to the effect of, "I was just about to say that", take a drink.

Following just the first line, you will be lucky if you don't succumb to alcohol poisoning.

Anyone under 21, please do not drink alcohol. Substitute with a carbonated beverage of your choice. By the end of the game, you will feel like you are about to explode.

Anybody who only drinks occasionally, do not drink anything more powerful than domestic U.S. beer. This should still bring the desired effect of the porcelain gods beckoning you to their will.

Anybody who can be classified as a certified drunk, feel free to indulge in the hard stuff. With your reputation, you'll get there anyway. Why not make a game out of it?

This is definitely (if I were Frank, you'd have already swigged one back) not an endorsement to drink or get drunk. It's just another variation of the "Hi, Bob" game.

8 comments:

dayf said...

Still not as bad as John Smoltz. White Sox need a reliever, don't they? He's friends with Ozzie and Andrew... you guys want to sign him RIGHT NOW right??? PLEASE KENNY PLEASE?????

Roy said...

Blue Jays fans watching Rogers SportsNet drink every time Buck Martinez says a ball is "fisted" by the batter.

Loney McLonestarr said...

lol, fisted.





I'm sorry, I'll show myself out.

Captain Canuck said...

legal age in Alberta is 18.



jus sayin'

zman40 said...

I didn't realize Frank was helping out until tonight, when the KC broadcast showed him. I'll look foward to seeing him on a WGN game soon and I'm sure I will enjoy your game.

Steve Gierman said...

The Sox need a bat that's hitting more than a reliever. Sorry, Smoltzy.

Fisted. Harsh.

Any legal 18 year old Canadian with a two-four can join in! :-)

Frank is only helping out until Steve Stone gets back for the next series. He's really raw, but he's not the worst I've ever heard. He'll get better the more he does it.

Anonymous said...

Do you read White Sox Interactive by chance?

Steve Gierman said...

I do read White Sox Interactive, but I honestly haven't been to the site in some time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...