Thursday, January 30, 2014

The First White Sox Card Of 2014 Is...

I went out today in search of 2014 Topps Baseball Series One.

Target... had nothing.

Wal-Mart... moved the cards on me, but had the 72 pack and the rack pack.

Fanfare... had the jumbo hobby packs.

I chose a 72 pack and a rack pack from Wal-Mart. I chose a jumbo hobby pack from Fanfare.

Then I waited.

I went to Meijer. I did some shopping for dinner tonight. Tacos, if you must know.

I ran into a co-worker there. He had just gotten off of work. I was off today. We chatted about the light truck that came in today. I joked that there wouldn't be anything for me to do when I got there in the morning. He informed me that another one of our co-workers was lurking about in the store, since they came together.

Then I went looking for Meijer's card section. There was a nice selection a few weeks ago, along the back wall, by toys and sports. Some thoughtful employee moved it and the new location has yet to be discovered, despite my best efforts.

Oh well. It was not meant to be today.

I went to the self checkout. I had exactly 12 items, so it was alright. I scooped up the purchases and went to brave the immense cold in the parking lot. More snow was in the forcast for this morning, but luckily, none of it came to fruition.

Are you impressed with my delaying tactics?

I bet you are.

I opened the 72 pack from Wal-Mart first. The first actual card was Yu Darvish.

The first White Sox card is...

208 - Dayan Viciedo

Not only did the 72 pack reveal Dayan Viciedo, but more treasures awaited.

 26 - Josh Phegley

Another White Sox card! And then something wonderful and unexpected...

30 - Mark Buehrle

Buehrle stopped by! A bonus card for my player collection!

The rack pack was next and it bequeathed unto me...

 262 - Jeff Keppinger

That was a nice surprise! My third White Sox card!

I turned my attention to the hobby pack from Fanfare.

 230 - Andre Rienzo

Brazilian MOJO!!!

178 - Erik Johnson

My first Erik Johnson White Sox card!

That brings my total to five White Sox cards. That is half of the series one team set.

The hobby pack yielded one last surprise and it was completely off my radar before feasting my eyes upon it.

 147 - Jason Frasor

Another card for my player collection!! I usually don't get my hopes up for finding Jason Frasor because he's a middle reliever. It's official. The White Sox are now the only team unrepresented in the Jason Frasor repertoire.

I'd say that these packs were great for my collecting parameters. 2014 is off to a great start!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...