Friday, May 3, 2019

Card Spotlight: 5-3-19

2012 Topps Gold Sparkle #149 - Chris Sale

I'll be the one to say it. I miss Chris Sale. I miss the passion (even if it sometimes was misguided). I miss the quality starts. I miss the focus and business-like attitude.

I don't miss the drama.

I love Michael Kopech being on this team. I enjoy seeing Yoan Moncada blossom into the player we thought he could be. I'm excited for Luis Basabe. So what if Victor Diaz hasn't pitched since 2017. I appreciate that Chris Sale has a World Series ring. I'm sad that it wasn't with the White Sox, but I am genuinely happy for him.

It will be exciting to see Chris Sale pitch against the White Sox tonight. It will be very interesting to see if he can get his first win of the season against his former team. He is uncharacteristically 0-5 to start the season with a 6.30 ERA. That is definitely not the Chris Sale that I'm used to seeing.

While I always wish Chris well, I'm hoping the White Sox can make him 0-6 tonight. I don't follow Sale as closely as I used to, but I'm wondering if he's getting the injuries out of the way early this year or if he is just suffering from bad luck. His strikeout total suggests bad luck, but his ERA hints at something more sinister. Either way, I hope Chris figures it out, after he leaves Chicago.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...