Sunday, May 4, 2008

Julio Franco Finally Retires

We knew this day would come, but none of us could believe it. Julio Franco has actually retired at the age of 49. I thought he would be able to play forever. I guess I lost that bet.

He played on a total of 13 teams (9 major league teams) between 1982 and 2008. He pretty much stopped everywhere in the majors. At least he played for most of the favorite teams of the blogging community.

He had a stop with the White Sox in 1994. Chicago would not see a full season out of Franco because of the strike. In 1995, he would head to Japan.

The thing I will always remember about Julio Franco is his unique batting stance. It looked uncomfortable, but boy was it effective. I hope that Julio finds peace with retirement. Baseball will not be the same without him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...