Monday, May 5, 2008

Mailbox Joys: The Football Card Blog

It continues to amaze me, how many different types of people read this blog. I received a package on Friday from Tony of the Football Card Blog. This was in response to an earlier e-mail concerning 2008 Topps Heritage.

Originally, the e-mail was caught by my spam filter. I have no idea why. Spam still sneaks through and Tony's e-mail had none of the qualities of spam. It's lucky that I check my spam e-mail once a week before I delete them.

Tony had a bunch of 2008 Topps Heritage from my list that he wanted to send out with a few White Sox cards thrown in for good measure. How could I refuse a kind gesture like that? Well, I can't.

On Friday, the package arrived. I was surprised by the amount of 2008 Topps Heritage that were included. I immediately altered my want list and put the Topps Heritage cards away in pages. I had planned to put off the post until Saturday, since I had nothing going on that day. Then, my computer went screwy with a virus.

I spent a good chunk of time fixing the problems. By Sunday, I was extremely busy. I had a job interview (which I got), my future niece's birthday party, the same future niece's dance recital and the last game of league bowling. So, my day started at 6:30 AM and lasted until 10:00 PM. It also spanned about 100 miles with a lot of back and forth driving. It was a good day, but tiring. So, this is why the post is happening on Monday instead of Friday.

I have also forgotten which specific 2008 Topps Heritage cards were sent. The ones that immediately come to mind are the White Sox team card and Joe Girardi. There were plenty more, but they are a blur of retro themed cards. My computer went ballistic in the middle of writing out the list, so I only have the non-Topps Heritage cards listed.

1981 Donruss #278 – Greg Pryor
1984 Topps #20 – Greg Luzinski
1984 Topps #97 – LaMarr Hoyt
1984 Topps #382 – Chris Nyman
1984 Topps #480 – Ron Kittle
1984 Topps #667 – Vance Law
1987 Fleer #507 – Bobby Thigpen
1987 Fleer #643 – Harold Baines/Jesse Barfield
1987 Fleer #645 – Russ Morman/Ron Karkovice
1988 Topps #385 – Carlton Fisk
1997 Topps #176 – Wilson Alvarez
1998 Topps #331 – Albert Belle

Even though the aftermath of the package has been hectic and haphazard, I really do appreciate the effort. I was able to get a good little chunk of the 2008 Topps Heritage completed. Plus, there were random White Sox cards thrown in and I needed most of them. That is always a bonus.

Thank you, Tony, for your generosity. I have a feeling that you will receive a mysterious package somewhere down the line as a thank you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but at some point expect a package.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...