Wednesday, May 7, 2008

There Must Be Something In The Water

Almost getting lost in the shuffle, was another pitching gem on Tuesday. Aaron Poreda took a no-hitter into the sixth inning before giving up a solo home run, which was the only hit in the game. The Winston-Salem Warthogs won the game 8-1 over the Lynchburg Hillcats in Class A Advanced ball.

What are the odds that two one hitters would be thrown in the same organization on the same day? Probably slightly higher than an organization throwing two no-hitters in the same day.

Aaron said, "I have real high expectations for myself, because the Chicago White Sox have high expectations of me. They're probably going to want me to pitch in the big leagues some day. I think I've surpassed a lot of their expectations. I don't think they saw me developing as fast as I am."

It seems like he has the confidence to be a big league pitcher. I detect a slight humbleness in that statement as well. Let's hope he keeps that attitude as he advances through the White Sox minor league system.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...