Monday, October 20, 2008

Trading With Night Owl Cards

There have been so many great, unique card blogs popping up lately. Night Owl Cards is no exception. Greg brings an amazing nighttime perspective to card blogging that we all do, but rarely admit to... staying up all night talking about cards.

It's a secret shame for some of us, but there is no shame on display here. Only celebration. I can't even count the number of times I've seen a fellow blogger on at some wee hour, updating the blog, or having a conversation through e-mail. This site celebrates the night cards and the night lifestyle.

So, when a proposed trade came up, I couldn't refuse. This package came on Saturday, but I haven't had a chance to do much with it until today. Let's see what came in from the night.

1980 Kellog's
34 - Claudell Washington
46 - Chet Lemon

1989 Donruss
503 - Shawn Hillegas

1989 Score
399 - Bobby Thigpen
512 - Jeff Bittiger

1990 Score Rising Star
7 - Donn Pall
77 - Greg Hibbard
89 - Ken Patterson

1992 Fleer
94 - Ken Patterson

1992 Stadium Club
20 - Ozzie Guillen
184 - Donn Pall

1993 Score
418 - Steve Sax
582 - Bobby Thigpen

1993 Select
387 - Kirk McCaskill

1993 Topps
122 - Joey Cora

1993 Topps Gold
41 - Alex Fernandez

1994 Triple Play
265 - Roberto Hernandez
266 - Lance Johnson

1998 Pacific
52 - Albert Belle
53 - Tony Castillo
56 - Jorge Fabregas
57 - Ozzie Guillen

2000 Topps
13 - Magglio Ordonez
86 - Mike Caruso
154 - John Snyder

2005 Donruss
144 - Frank Thomas

2008 Allen & Ginter Mini
148 - Mark Buehrle

2008 Topps Heritage
A smattering of cards from my list

What an awesome package! Almost everything was hit from my lists! That's always an extra bonus. Greg sent a note saying that he hadn't checked the want list in about two weeks prior to sending the package. There were only a couple of cards that I had received in the past few weeks. Two Topps Heritage cards and two 1989 score cards. Not too bad of a ratio.

I would have listed the 2008 Topps Heritage cards, but I was so excited to get them, that I mixed them in the pile of cards to go into the album, after I updated the want list. It was only after I had sorted both stacks together, that I realized that I could only guess as to every card from this set that came from Greg.

The few highlights that I couldn't forget from the Heritage sent over? Frank Thomas. Mantle/Ortiz Then & Now. Every single card is appreciated. I can't believe how close I am to my goal of completing this set.

Thanks, Greg! You will receive a mysterious package soon. I hope that you enjoy that as much as I've enjoyed this one that you sent over!

1 comment:

night owl said...

Glad they arrived and that you still needed most of them! Thanks for the plug, too. Yours is one of my favorites.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...