Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mailbox Joys: A Tenth Of Mays















I buy four teams in a box break and end up with this in one of my team lots. This was the first time that I bought into a box break. I wasn't expecting much of anything. I was hoping for a little Pete Rose love, but I was completely sideswiped by this beauty.

The Shoeless Joe was the appetizer, but this card of Willie Mays is definitely the main course! The Century Collection Materials card is numbered 2 of 10. I never have this amount of luck!

I told Bailey of The Nennth Inning that all the Giants cards would be his, unless they were something White Sox related or it really floored me. This card really floored me. Sorry, Bailey. I do have a Lincecum materials card that I will throw in instead.

Any funds that this card will get, will go right into the wedding fund. That is now less than a year away and things are starting to become due. So this card couldn't have come at a better time.

3 comments:

PunkRockPaint said...

Wow! Nice card! I LOVE the gray flannel!

Dinged Corners said...

I'm not sure there can be a better jersey card. The gray flannel does rock.

Motherscratcher said...

My trade offer of all 4 Johnny Pesky cards I got in that break will expire at midnight so you better act fast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...