Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mailbox Joys: Shoeless Joe Framed!















In a recent box break, I bought into two slots which consisted of two teams each. I was randomly selected four teams. I traded one team to get the White Sox.

The teams I had left were the Giants, the Nationals, the Reds and the White Sox.

I wasn't hoping for much, but pure luck smiled upon me and I got the two nice hits from both boxes. The first hit came today. With all the base cards, my mailings had to be split between two packages. So, tomorrow or Friday, I should be getting an even better card in the mail.

In reality, I couldn't get much better than a Shoeless Joe Jackson blue framed Diamond King numbered 25/50. The only way this could have been better would be if I had pulled the bat card. I'm thrilled to have pulled this though.

Thank you Houston Collector for trading with me.

I was hoping for some Pete Rose love, since I had two of the three teams that he played for. I did get some Pete Rose base cards, so I am happy for that. I also received the Joe Jackson base card, the Luis Aparicio base card and the Gordon Beckham college card. All in all, it was a great day for the White Sox collector.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

I'm expecting mine in the mail in about 2 months. I love living in Canada.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...