Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Midnight Hootenanny

A tiny Don Slaught of packages have made their way into my house in the past week or so. Don Slaught is my term for onslaught, ever since I was a kid. Now you know, and knowing is roughly equivalent to but not more than half the battle.

In today's mail was an eBay non-baseball card package. If your prying eyes must know, it was the horror/comedy film "Student Bodies" on DVD. I know I can watch it anytime on YouTube for free, but I like owning a copy of movies.

That will be my viewing agenda for tonight. My card agenda for tonight has been taken care of by the Night Owl.

There were a small amount of cards from my want list and a few off the beaten path. With packages like this coming in the mail, how could I not enjoy the monthly festivities? I am forced to enjoy them to the fullest. This is why I'll be shopping for the ingredients this week to make cookies. Sugar cookies with festive sprinkles, snickerdoodles and Kahlua cookies. Yum!

Enough about my daily habits and multi-holiday preparations. Bring on the cards!

1984 Fleer
White Sox cap & logo sticker

2000 Upper Deck Gold Reserve
105 - Frank Thomas
106 - Mike Sirotka
111 - Paul Konerko

2002 Donruss Classics
93 - Carlos Lee

2009 Goodwin Champions Mini
75 - Carlton Fisk

2009 OPC
65 - Alexei Ramirez

2009 Topps Ticket To Stardom Perforated Parallel
189 - Jim Thome

2009 Topps Updates & Highlights
UH169 - Mark Kotsay

2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Gold Parallel
UH319 - Ramon Castro (1294/2009)

2009 Tristar PROjections
123 - Daniel Hudson

2009 Upper Deck "Fool You" Upperdeckstore.com Insert
Ken Griffey Jr.

2009 Upper Deck X
21 - Jermaine Dye

Thanks, Greg! The mini Fisk and my first non-custom card of Daniel Hudson are definite highlights. Small card packages certainly pack a mighty wallop!

2 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

haha. I may revert to your Don Slaught ways as well. Because I find that high-larious

night owl said...

Wow, I get to share a post with Don Slaught, snickerdoodles and Student Bodies.

I'm honored.

Glad you liked the cards. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...