Friday, December 18, 2009

Attention Traders! The State Of The Blog

I need your addresses. Please e-mail them to me. Even if you never intend to trade with me again, I'd like to have those addresses replaced. Plus who knows, I've been known to send stuff at random.

I once had quite a list, but that went with my crashed hard drive. I can understand someone who gets frustrated enough to shave off hair. I've been going through that for the past few days. It's a good thing that the time of wearing my hair past the middle of my back are long gone or I might think drastic thoughts.

After switching out a power supply on a computer I have been building over the past year, I find out that the graphics card is missing a cord and the burner is DOA. Everything else worked, but there was no workaround for the graphics card and without the cord in place, it will not boot up.

Instead of sinking more money into the pit, I decided to scrap it and sell off the parts. This was made easier by my computer expert having a working, fairly new computer that he was doing nothing with. He gave me an unbelievable deal on it, so I swiped it up. It's not my ideal computer, but it is better than the previous one.

On the old computer, I was able to switch out the hard drives that crashed, but could not extract any information off of them. So, I have a running temporary computer, until the other one arrives in the morning light. Up until this afternoon, I could live by the old adage, "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all". Thankfully, my luck seems to be improving.

Slowly, things are getting back to normal here. Please help me get back to normalcy a bit quicker by sending those addresses. My sanity thanks you.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Welcome, Juan Pierre! You'll love it here!

1 comment:

Doc said...

If I post any cards for trade, I'll scan your want lists and set those aside for you. Once you get back up and running, let me know!

Good luck!
Doc T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...