Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicago Bandits Nine - Pitcher

Even if a certain Chicago area reporter won't acknowledge the Chicago Bandits as being a professional team, there are many who do. The Bandits don't get that much coverage, so good photos are pretty scarce, except for pitching, but I did manage to find photos that worked well with the motif.

I ran across a picture of a rare Allen & Ginter card set depicting women demonstrating each position on a baseball field. There were two different distinct sets, the "Black Stocking Nine" and the rarer "Polka Dot Nine". I really liked the look of the Polka Dot Nine cards, so I decided to try to make cards for each position using the Chicago Bandits as my inspiration.

It was tough, as good pictures were scarce, but I think I accomplished my goal. I used Chicago Bandits players from the past and present.

Today's card is position number one, the pitcher.

4 comments:

Ryan G said...

Very nice! I'm going to have to (digitally?) collect the whole set!

Johngy said...

Great start. Looking forward to the rest.

Hackenbush said...

Made for a woman--but I like it too!

Justin McLeod said...

Any Jennie Finch card, virtual or cardboard, is always welcome. Commence drooling...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...