Monday, February 18, 2008

A Darren Clarke Auto Pull

I didn't pull this Darren Clarke card. Patricia over at Dinged Corners did. I'm sure that Lucy helped. This is a genuine Darren Clarke autograph. At least I hope it is. It would be sad if the blue autograph that Darren Clarke claimed to have personally autographed turns out to be fake as well. At this point, I wouldn't put it past Topps.

I have received no response from Topps about my concern. Are they just not speaking out of embarrassment? Do they not care about my petty concerns? Topps may care more about Sidd Finch and Rudy Giuliani than they do about quality control. I guess gimmicks are more important to Topps than their consumers.

I have also not received another e-mail from"Darren Clarke". Maybe it was just a drunken rant. Maybe it was all a hoax on me. I don't know and I'm beginning not to care. All I know is that Darren's autograph above, looks nothing like his base card pre-printed autograph. I'm still curious about where that pre-printed autograph came from. I don't care what "Darren Clarke" thinks of me. It's not worth my time or energy, to waste it on an anonymous poster claiming to be a ballplayer.

If I ever get any more answers on this burning issue, I will post it. The topic seems to have reached a standstill for now. Maybe when I least expect it, an answer will fall out of the sky. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

1 comment:

AlbuqwirkE said...

Excellent! At least that one does resemble the card I watched him sign in person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...