Monday, February 11, 2008

Trading With Patricia And Lucy

I got another great surprise in the mail on Saturday, but I've been running around like crazy this weekend. I wanted to take the time to appreciate the package of White Sox cards that came in this envelope.

You see, a little while ago, I got a lovely e-mail from Patricia about a unique trade. Her daughter, Lucy, collected cards featuring players smiling. These are Lucy's favorite cards to collect. She also liked a few other kinds of cards, but smiling people were her favorite!

I had read about Lucy on aother blog, so I knew I was about to make a trade with a very special young lady. I looked through all of my boxes and hand picked cards that I thought would make Lucy very happy. I picked out so many smiling faces (and a few of her other favorites), that I couldn't stop taking out cards without thinking about how much Lucy might like it.

Finally, when I had a good stack of cards, I carefully placed them into a bubble mailer envelope that I had previously addressed, sealed it up and sent it out. I hope Lucy gets those cards soon, if she hasn't already gotten them. I have been finding cards all over the place with smiling people, so I will be ready for another trade, when Lucy is ready.

Saturday, between running around, I received Patricia and Lucy's package for me. I saw a parallel card from the Conlon collection as the first card, so I knew I was in for a treat! I got cards featuring Carlton Fisk, Ozzie Guillen, John Cangelosi, Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye, Jack McDowell, Michael Jordan, Goose Gossage and many, many others! I was very happy!

Patricia gave me a nice personal note and Lucy drew a White Sox player swinging for the fences. That piece of artwork was the best thing in the package! I got a limited edition, one of a kind drawing from Lucy. I'm very lucky and very honored! This will be artwork that I will keep in a very special place of honor. Being an art major, I really appreciated the personal touch of the drawing. Lucy, that made me have a huge smile! You also did a great job on the logo!

I had a few of the cards, but there were a lot I didn't have. I didn't have the Conlon card with the 1930's player (Larry Rosenthal) and the red border. I didn't have the Paul Konerko chrome card. There were many of the recent cards that I didn't have either. I also needed a few of the older cards.

To answer your question, there aren't as many White Sox cards as there are of some other teams. This has a lot to do with there being 88 years between World Championships. Some of the other teams have bigger stars or are more popular. The Yankees and Red Sox get a lot more cards than the White Sox do. Even the Cubs get more cards sometimes. It all depends on how well the White Sox do from year to year. They aren't an automatic inclusion like the Yankees or Red Sox are.

Thank you Patricia and Lucy for the great White Sox cards! I really appreciate them. I hope you will get your cards very soon. There are plenty of smiles in Chicago because of your cards. I can't wait to trade with you again sometime!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...