Thursday, March 6, 2008

Contest Winnings From Topps Traders

Better late than never, I always say. Although it probably appeared as nothing has changed over here, I have been severely under the weather since last weekend. Some days, I just don't have the energy to move. Frankly, I'm surprised I've written as much as I did. Then again, Tuesday and Wednesday did leave me without my voice. So, I suppose I compensated by writing.

What's this all mean? It means that I have an overdue thank you to write to Jeremiah from Topps Traders. I won a contest by knowing Cardinals trivia. To be fair, I was actually the second person to guess correctly, unbeknownst to me at the time, but my answers were still honored. Jeremiah sent everything out quickly. I was saving the post for Sunday, but then my energy was sapped and I didn't feel like rummaging through my pile of cards from various envelopes that came in the mail last week. I believe this package came in on Saturday afternoon.

So what did I win for knowing Cardinals trivia? White Sox cards!

2007 Topps Heritage - Jose Contreras
2007 Topps Opening Day - Jerry Owens
2007 Topps Opening Day - Jon Garland
2007 Topps Finest - Jermain Dye
2007 Turkey Red - Mark Buehrle (SP)

I was ecstatic when I opened the package. There before my eyes, was a card I've been longing for since it first came out. The 2007 Topps Turkey Red Mark Buehrle short print card! Sweet! It seems only fitting that the package should be topped off by a huge Cardinals fan in Buehrle. Now I only need the Josh Fields short print to complete my team set. Thank you so much!

The Dye and Contreras cards I already had, but they are welcome additions. I am excited to finally complete my 2007 Topps Opening Day White Sox set. Jeremiah provided the last two cards I needed. All this right before the 2008 Opening Day set comes out. Super sweet!

Thank you, Jeremiah, for your generosity. It is very appreciated!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...