Thursday, March 13, 2008

3-12-08: Rockies 1 - Sox 4

Unable to find an image of Orlando Cabrera's 2008 Topps Heritage card, I improvised. I borrowed an image from rallymonkey.com. Cabrera went 2 for 4, so I thought it would be appropriate to picture him.

Another day, another game against Colorado. The Sox have been seeing an awful lot of the Rockies the past few weeks. Does this mean they are going steady? I hope not. The Sox already see 18 other teams this season. One more could be awkward.

There were a lot of great performances in this game There were a few mistakes, but ultimately this is the team I like seeing.

The good:
Javier Vazquez pitched a one-hit gem in five innings.

Brian Anderson's throw from left field to nail Torrealba at the plate. Wow.

The bad:
Linebrink's plunking of Willy Taveras.

Brad Eldred's mishandling of a Pablo Ozuna throw. Konerko would've gotten that.

The ugly:
Jack Egbert's ninth inning. It wasn't all his fault, but it was ugly.

It was strangely nice to see Scott Podsednik in another uniform. I hate to say that, but what are you going to do. He was injured too much to be a help. Pierzynski was 0 for 4 at the plate, but called a good game. If this is a preview of what the White Sox are going to be like once the green light turns on, I like it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...