Friday, November 9, 2007

2007 Bowman Heritage

I'm really excited about this new release. I picked up 4 packs from a local dealer the day it went live. I got Joe Crede (left), Jim Thome and prospect Chris Carter. All in the same pack. No Sox rainbow foil cards, but it's only a matter of time.

This may be one of Joe's last cards in a Sox uniform. He looks a little bemused about that fact. He also looks like he may have traveled back in time to old Comiskey. That may be the reason he has that smirk on his face.

To be honest with you, I didn't expect too much with this year's product. After the pretty disaster the 2006 set was, Bowman Heritage had nowhere to go but up. Unless they were simulating the 1993 Metz Baking design, they were going to be better. By "pretty disaster", I mean they were very cool to me when I opened the first pack, but by the third pack, I started to feel ill. No more puke-like muted colors or simulated printing errors. It probably sounded better before the product rolled out.

The rainbow parallels look fantastic! Much better than the crappy, very dingable, chromey fiasco of 2006. The prospect cards are a different design thankfully. Modeled after 1954 Red Heart no less! A beautiful, classic design. The short print variations are not for every card. There aren't a never-ending parade of parallels. Well done Topps! Why can't you do this to your main line? Don't restrict this thinking to just the companies you bought out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...