Friday, November 30, 2007

The 2008 Topps Re-Design

OK. I decided to take a quick (really quick) stab at designing a 2008 Topps card for The Baseball Card Blog. This is what I can whip up in 15 minutes. About half that time was spent searching for the picture.

I figured that Topps loves goofy pictures and huge white borders and silver foil. So, I've encorporated all of those elements in the card. The gray color is supposed to be silver foil, but I didn't want to spend a huge amount of time on this. I also used the White Sox team colors around the card. Not bad for 15 minutes. It reminds me of a cross between the 1984 Fleer and the 2004 Topps though.

I almost went with Chewbacca pitching for the Red Sox, but decided that was too much like what Topps would do. Besides, what could be more puzzling to card buyers than Mark Buehrle with a clock in the middle of US Cellular Field? Not much.

1 comment:

Dan Skrezyna said...

Good job on the Buehrle cuatom Topps card. I just sarted collecting his cards and will have a website for the checklist soon.

I made some custom Mattingly card designs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...