Saturday, November 24, 2007

Card Spotlight 11-23-07

1991 Arena Holograms #3 - Frank Thomas

I look at this card and I see possibilities. Look at that swing. Look at that face. This is a great card! This would have been my holy grail of the 1991 cards had I obtained it in 1991. It's like Frank Thomas is looking into his own future.

The first thought that popped in my head the moment I saw this card was how much Frank reminded me of Hank Aaron here. Call me crazy, but something about the swing and the look on Frank's face reminds me of Hammerin' Hank.

I've never run into a card of Frank that looks quite like this. I am amazed this can take me back to the feelings I had when I first saw Frank in the big leagues. It's a sense of awe and wonderment. A sense that Frank is going to be a monster of a player and he's going to be in a White Sox uniform until he gets to the Hall Of Fame. Well, like Meatloaf sang, two outta three ain't bad. I'm almost certain that Frank will be enshrined. I'm about 99.99% on that. I'm 100% sure that he'll have a White Sox cap on when he goes.

It's cards like these that make me grateful that I collect cards. Any card that can evoke a positive memory is definitely a keeper.

1 comment:

Tragik007 said...

I have the Canseco from that set and yes, back when I was 11 it would have been my favorite card but today it's nothing more than a cheap gimmick....but I STILL love it!

-WH

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...