Monday, June 6, 2011

A Trade With Trey

A little while ago, I got an e-mail from an Astros fan named Trey regarding the possibility of a trade. I'm always willing to try to make a trade work, and it's much easier now that I've separated my non-White Sox collection by team and finally got everything organized in order.

Trey recently started a blog called Rants, Reviews and Fandom that you should all check out right now!

OK, you're back. Let's get down to brass tacks. Trey and I obviously came to some sort of agreement, or else I wouldn't be writing about a trade. Writing about a non-trade might be interesting from an aesthetic point of view, but it doesn't usually make for good reading, unless it's something juicy, which it almost never is.

Anyway, Trey sent over some real gems. Let's see what arrived.

1992 Upper Deck Heroes Of Baseball
Comiskey Park - May3, 1992

2010 Bowman Draft
BDPP14 - Addison Reed

2010 Bowman Platinum
69 - Dayan Viciedo

2010 Topps Peak Performance Relics
PPR-AR - Alexei Ramirez

2011 Bowman Gold
182 - Adam Dunn*
220 - Chris Sale

2011 Gypsy Queen Future Stars
FS19 - Gordon Beckham

2011 Topps Attax
127 - Juan Pierre

2011 Topps Opening Day
141 - Brent Morel

2011 Topps Wal-Mart Black
202 - AL HR Leaders (Konerko, Bautista, Cabrera)

Thanks, Trey! These cards were great! I liked the Alexei relic a lot. I had completely forgotten about the Upper Deck hologram sticker giveaways at ballparks. I never attended any of those, so I'm sure that's the reason why.

Your cards are on the way to you. I hope you like them as much as I liked these cards.

* I chose Adam Dunn's card to represent the lot over many other more deserving cards because I'm hoping that its appearance here will kick start his well documented offensive abilities in 2011. Stranger things have happened. If he does return to his usual form soon after this posting, you can thank me. If he doesn't... well, I tried.

1 comment:

Jeff Laws said...

I will give you all the credit if it works. And if it does, you need to find a Rios card and post it as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...