Saturday, June 25, 2011

White Sox Vs. Washington Nationals: 6-24-11

A free game at the old ballpark against a team that uses the Walgreens logo. How could I resist? I couldn't.

Using the U.S. Cellular Field Express, I only had to walk five or six blocks to the bus stop, pay four dollars each way, and I had a nice hassle free ride directly to 35th and Shields.

My friend knows someone who works for the White Sox and he sometimes leaves him free tickets. We found our seats and were staring directly into the White Sox bullpen. I knew I should have brought the camera, but at least I brought my phone.

Here are a few pictures from the crappy camera phone. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't bring the camera.

Edwin Jackson warming up.

Brian Bruney warming up.

Will Ohman warming up.

Matt Thornton warming up.

The White Sox lost by four in fourteen innings, but still put on the post-game fireworks, despite being after midnight.

2 comments:

Johngy said...

Sounds great, except for the loss part.

Steve Gierman said...

I had a great time. It was the longest MLB game I've attended and one of the most fun times I've had at the park. The only downer was the loss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...