Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October Joe Collector Break Goods

For those of you who haven't heard yet, I Am Joe Collector sponsors monthly box breaks. I've had incredible luck some months. Others, not so much, but thems the breaks!

Ha ha... uh... yeah. Anyhoo!

This break saw one box of 2008 Prime Cuts and four boxes of Goodwin Champions opened. I had a feeling that Prime Cuts would be a complete bust for me and I was right. Not one single card from that box made its way into my pile.

Goodwin was another story. Out of four boxes, I managed to get eight cards. Still, it was eight cards that I didn't have before. Plus, two of the cards are super short prints... whatever that means. I haven't quite figured that one out yet, but I have two of them! Out of the three(!) super short print White Sox cards, I managed to get two. I like those odds.

2009 Goodwin Champions
29 - Carlos Quentin
34 - Alexander Ovechkin (hockey)
44 - Barack Obama (president)
46 - Jim Thome
191 - Clayton Richard SSP
197 - Paul Konerko SSP

2009 UD 20th Anniversary Retrospective
2072 - White Sox 2005 World Series Championship
2102 - Tiger Woods (golf)

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results of the break. The two super short prints go a long way toward that feeling. I'm not sure if I got the Obama because of his association with the White Sox or if it was just random. The Ovechkin and Tiger Woods are definitely from the random drawing. Either way, I'm happy.

3 comments:

stusigpi said...

All of the nonbaseball were random. Im hoping the Topps Chrome this month will get a lot of autos for everyone.

Chuck's Used Cards said...

Let me know if you want to trade the hockey ...

Steve Gierman said...

I was hoping to get the Obama card, so I'm happy that I got the luck of the draw.

I'll send the hockey card in the mail on Monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...