Sunday, January 23, 2011

From The Victor Come The Spoils

Deep within the bowels of whine and cheese country came a package, out of the blue, that can only be best described as relief. A package from a certain Thorzul who must have drugged a certain coach Ditka that guided the Pack to victory today. Maybe it would have helped if a certain Michael Jordan tried his hand at his third sport in the Windy City.

Sure, it hurts. Maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts.

Enough about other sports, we're here to talk about baseball. And being that the majority of Wisconsinites that I've met are genuinely some of the nicest people you ever will meet, except for those who believe cow tipping is sport, I had waves of warmth and joy when I opened this mailer from Thorzul.

Frankly, I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw the return address. The last box that I sent Thorzul's way contained many cards from his want list, but also a specialized gift that could have been considered a dubious act, if viewed in the wrong light. I stand by it and viewed it as a loving prank between friendly bloggers, meant to bring confused laughter and wonderment.

Apparently, it was taken as intended because along with the Peavy pictured at top, these also arrived.
Thanks, Thorzul! Not only did I like these cards, I absolutely adore the numbered Fisk card! It's sad that the Bears won't be going to the Super Bowl this year and that the Packers are, but if my consolation prize are these cards, I can live with that. This time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Fisk card is awesome! Somehow I missed this post, but was glad that I found it. I used to have a poster with that exact picture on it as a kid. I will have to find on of these quickly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...