Friday, July 17, 2009

Long Trading With Capewood

Back around the beginning of the season, I had a proposition with Cliff, of Capewood's Collections, to set aside every Phillies card that I opened in a pack. In return, Cliff would set aside every White Sox card that came his way through packs.

I'm not the only blogger who had this deal with Cliff this year. For some odd reason, the Phillie Pharie has not been kind to me this year. In the act of phinding Phillies, it started to mimic the White Sox hitting this year. It was streaky. There were packs of cards where it seemed like I pulled 10 cards out of 8 which were Phillies. Then there were others, where I could go 0 for 36.

More times than not, I struck out. I did manage to run across a phew Phillies in my pack openings. I presented my evidence to Cliff and he let me know which ones he actually needed. I looked over his list of White Sox cards that he pulled and I let him know what I needed. Our packages crossed in the mail.

The following are the cards that I needed out of the pulled Sox cards.

1997 Pacific Prism
18 - Wilson Alvarez

2009 Bowman
BP70 - Justin Greene

2009 O-Pee-Chee
5 - A.J. Pierzynski

2009 O-Pee-Chee Face of the Franchise
FF29 - Carlos Quentin

2009 Topps Heritage
306 - Scott Linebrink

2009 Upper Deck
585 - DeWayne Wise
586 - Clayton Richard

Thanks, Cliff! This was a fun experience. I would have needed a few more cards that you sent over, but in between our final tallies and the package arriving, I received a few mailings from some fellow bloggers. Wouldn't you know it, there were 2009 cards in there. Along with the bounty from a box break, they kind of ate away at the cards that I still needed.

Hopefully, we can try this again next year. Maybe I will pull something of Michael Jack for you. I was holding out for something this year, but it just wasn't in the cards.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...