Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Quick One While They're Away

The All-Star game is tonight. I'm excited, even though there's only two Chicago players on the rosters. One for each team. Sigh, such is life.

I've been organizing my cards, trying to streamline everything. I'm hoping to get my collection of doubles and cards that I do not collect whipped into a well organized machine. While I was quickly thumbing through cards last night, my eye caught something. I hadn't noticed it earlier and I've had an example of this card in my collection for nearly four years.

It was by sheer luck that I spotted something amiss with this card, as the cards were going by fast and furious. In a tenth of a second, my brain saw something that had escaped it on previous, longer glances at this card.

Can you spot what's wrong with this card?

The first person to guess correctly will win some White Sox cards.

***We have a winner!!!***

Lonestarr is correct. I'll throw in some White Sox cards along with a package I was already sending, very shortly. Nice try VOTC. Better luck next time.

The 2005 U&H card #UH184 has Buehrle spelled as "Buerhle" four times on the card! Twice on the front and twice on the back. To add insult to injury, the AL ERA Leaders card (#UH139) from that same set, correctly spells Buehrle's name twice. Once on the front, once one the back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've got it. His name is misspelled. It's supposed to be Buehrle... hr not rh.

Rob- AKA "VOTC" said...

Yep I was just typing but hit refresh to see if I should bother.

Lonestarr's right

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...