Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hand Picked Cards

Yes. I know. You are probably sick of hearing about Thursday's event. The last five posts had something to do with last Thursday. I'd like to say this is a Buehrle free post, but it's not. I will say that the Buehrle featured in this post has absolutely nothing to do with the events of last Thursday.

Feel better? It's OK. I know. I've done the Buehrle posts. I've done the DeWayne Wise post. I even did the Charlie Robertson post. There will be no Josh Fields post. Probably not.

This post concerns another aspect of this blog. Trading!

Are you excited now? Yeah, I thought so. But I'm going to post it anyway. Insert your own Toll Booth Willie line here. I'm partial to the Carlton Fisk line, but it's still not my favorite. If you've never heard of Toll Booth Willie, go look it up. Be warned, it's not for virgin ears.

Still with me? Good. I was afraid I lost you somewhere in the tangents.

I received an envelope in the mail from Scott, of Hand Collated. He's been a very good trading partner in the past and this time is no exception. Inside the envelope were three cards. It's not the amount of cards that matter, it's how many you can use. I could use all three.

Let's check out the contents.

2009 Upper Deck StarQuest Turquoise Common
SQ-32 - Carlos Quentin

2009 Upper Deck
590 - Octavio Dotel
591 - Mark Buehrle

Thank you, Scott! This was a nice pick me up. Three cards off my want list. The reason I went with Octavio Dotel was because he was the only player not to have participated in Thursday's game, of the three cards listed here. This package was in transit during Buehrle's amazing game, which makes it all the more special.

Three more cards gone off the 2009 want list. I am happy beyond words. I'll take a look at your want list and see if I can knock a few off.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...