Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Fourth Blog Bat Around

Since my time online is limited right now, I'll be brief with my answer to the fourth blog bat around. I won't spend as much time delving into the hows and whys of the answer, but I'll try to provide my reasoning nonetheless.

Which recent baseball card will be valuable in ten years?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Wal-Mart variation of the 2007 Topps #292 Josh Fields card would be the card I would invest in. I haven't seen many and I believe that Josh is about to come into his own soon. Being the rookie card and a believed to be rare version of the rookie card, this should be one of the smarter pickups. Even if Josh's career doesn't pan out, it's still a rare variation of that rookie card. It has two fail safe options to support it.

The set that I believe will be valuable in ten years would be the Topps Heritage series. The retro look and the attention to detail make this a good investment. It looks like nothing else in the hobby today.

What is an absolute "buy and hold" baseball card?

Any 1952 Topps cards would be at the top of my list, especially the high series. Any card from 1956 or earlier would be a great investment. I have a feeling that the lesser known brands from before 1957 will start to get their dues. Familiar names like Leaf and Bowman should start to gain interest.

1 comment:

Bart McClaughry said...

Its good to see you bloging again

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...