Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Mystery Package Of Awesomeness

Another package that arrived at my mailbox was from Jack at All Tribe Baseball. Jack is better known as Baseball Dad.

Not only did the package contain a small sampling of some great oddball cards, it contained a mystery. I found a card of Frank Thomas that I cannot fully identify. I'm guessing that it was a Louisville slugger promo, but I can't find any information on this card. Not even a year!

So, I am left to depend on the kindness of strangers and fellow bloggers. Does anyone know what the story behind this card is? I've included front and back scans for any help in the identification process.

I think that it's really cool that I have found a card, that is supposedly not bootleg, that I can't identify.
The second coolest part of the package came in the form of 32 year old discs. I had never seen the Burger Chef discs in person, but here are four of them. How cool is that?

But the best part about these discs is the back of them. Yeah, it's cool to see Richie Zisk in a Pirates hat with no logo, but these cartoons make the disc!Let's see what goodies came in this package!

1977 Burger Chef discs
73 - Chet Lemon
75 - Richie Zisk
76 - Lamar Johnson
79 - Jim Spencer

1988 Panini
60 - Steve Lyons

1988 Topps Big
137 - Donnie Hill

Mystery Frank Thomas card

1995 Fleer
113 - Joey Cora

2002 MLB Showdown
28 - Sandy Alomar Jr.

2008 Topps Opening Day Gold
99 - Mark Buehrle 1250/2199

2008 UD Timeline
17 - Ken Griffey Jr.
161 - Ken Griffey Jr.

Awesome. Simply, awesome. Thank you so much for these cards! They mean the world to me! I will look over your want lists and send something out very soon. If I hadn't said it before, welcome to the community!

2 comments:

BASEBALL DAD said...

WOW! You're welcome. Glad you liked the cards.You were one of the first to welcome me back in November and I appreciated it along with everyone else I have had contact with so far. It's been great! I do hope to improve the content of my blog as I progress further into the blogosphere! I've always liked oddball stuff and have lots of it.I thought I had access to a lot of information about cards but I could never positively identify the Thomas card either.I have a second one that I think came in a 5K box of misc. cards I bought at a show in Sandusky,Ohio

Anonymous said...

It's always good to get a card that not only do you not have, but that you can't even identify. Very cool. Nice guy, that Baseball Dad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...