Friday, October 29, 2010

Card Spotlight: 10-29-10

2005 Topps World Series Champions #8 - Aaron Rowand

As the Giants move to a two game advantage in the World Series, I am reminded of the last time the World Series visited Chicago. It was a long time ago. Way back in 2005. Players like Juan Uribe and Aaron Rowand provided thrills to the postseason.

Wait. That describes 2010 as well. Last night, Aaron Rowand delivered a two-run triple. Not bad for someone who was not in the starting lineup. This postseason has been deja vu for me and I'm sure some of the players too. This feels too much like the White Sox run, with former Sox players excelling in the spotlight.

It may not end up like the 2005 World Series, but it has captured my interest. I know many fans of the Phillies and the Yankees, but with all due respect, it's been so much more entertaining with two new teams as participants. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the first Rangers home game in the World Series. There are only two current teams that have never participated in the World Series, in any form. Eventually, they will make it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey homie,
Bought a lot that had two White Sox Bat Barrels in it and taught you might like to trade for them.... One is Alexei Ramirez and the other is Alex Rios its on my blog if you wanna take a look at them. Let me know thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...