Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pulling The Trigger On A Gestating Trade

This trade was a slow burner, but it finally got finished. There was a lot of back and forth, but a trade between a Twins fan and a White Sox fan can finally be put in the books.

This was my first time trading with Rhubarb_Runner from “é rayhahn, rayhahn” and I have to say it was a pleasure! My half of the trade can be seen here.

The reason for the length of time between my post and Rhubarb_Runner's is simple. There was a complication on my part. It was fixed, but it took longer than expected. Enough with the boring details of the behind the scenes workings of the trade. I think that's only interesting to the participants involved, if that. The real deal would be the trade itself.

If you clicked over, or are already a reader of Rhubarb_Runner's, then you've seen what I sent over. Let's see what he sent to the Chicago south suburbs.

1993
Toys R Us Master Photos
12 - Frank Thomas

1994
Stadium Club
100 - Joey Cora

1995
Upper Deck
196 - Ozzie Guillen
202 - Jason Bere

Upper Deck Electric Diamond
196 - Ozzie Guillen

Upper Deck Predictor
H31 - Ray Durham
H33 - Scott Ruffcorn

1999
Upper Deck 10th Anniversary Team
X13 - Frank Thomas

2002
Topps Ten bat relic
TTR-RD - Ray Durham

Upper Deck
229 - Joe Crede

2004
Ultra
103 - Esteban Loaiza

2008
Upper Deck Documentary
3289, 4011, 4550, 4551, 4820

2009
Topps T206 Mini Piedmont
284 - Alexei Ramirez

Topps Updates & Highlights
UH20 - Gordon Beckham

Topps Updates & Highlights Gold
UH36 - Konerko & Dye
UH169 - Mark Kotsay
UH182 - Mark Buehrle

2010
Topps Heritage
90 - Gavin Floyd
Every card filled a hole in my collection! I love those kind of trades! Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a great White Sox/Twins trading route. I couldn't have asked for a better first time trading partner. I am impressed with the amount of variety in the package. I thought I was the only one collecting the 2008 UD Documentary of my team. It turns out that someone is just as collecting happy with that set as I am. Glad to hear it!

I'm looking forward to future trades and the "player to be named later" will be sent out this week. It is now "in hand" and it is spectacular.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh dang, if you're looking for me, I'll be standing by the mailbox! ;)

Glad you liked the cards. I KNEW I'd find a home for that jumbo Thomas card one day. Looking forward to finding something equally unusual for the next trade to roll around. Thanks again

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...