Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vealtone Magic

Last week, I alluded to a package that Dustin from Coot Veal and the Vealtones sent over. It held one of my pet peeves as a collector, a Cubs card disguised as a White Sox card. While partially correct in the team name department, the card used modern day logo and registered team name to convey this and in the process ended up using the wrong team's identifying information.

I got a pretty good post out of that and it was cathartic. The more information that I can get out there about the White Sox and Cubs origins, the less that things like this will happen. At least that's the dream. If people can keep the Nationals/Senators (Twins), Senators (Rangers), and Nationals (Expos) teams straight, the Chicago teams should be a piece of cake, right?

What I failed to mention was that there were other cards in that package and they were really good. The oldest cards were from 1958. There was a Jerry Staley which was a keeper and a Sherm Lollar which was a filler. Both are awesome cards.

I then found a few Sandberg cards that I'm putting together for my Cubs fan friend. Some Fisk cards, including three pesky 1981 cards that have escaped me until now. A smattering of nineties cards followed, including a Cincinnati Reds dressed Konerko complete with White Sox logos.

As the package entered the twenty-first century, there were Buehrle cards, more Fisk cards, chrome, parallels, a Thome mini card and a few cards knocked off the 2008 UD Documentary list.

Thank you, Dustin! This was a blast to sort through! A return package will be a little while, but it should be filled with some goodies for you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...