Monday, June 8, 2009

A Balmy Package

I am so happy that a new week is starting. Someone must have some bad mojo working its way to me. Everything that could end up going wrong last week, pretty much did. I won't go into much detail but it's been one of the worst weeks of my life. To paraphrase the idiot savant, Homer Simpson... the worst week of my life, so far!

As comforting as that thought is, I am happy to report that things are looking up. Slowly, but surely (don't call me Shirley!), things are settling down and new groundwork is being laid. Everything eventually works out. It just takes time. Time, I have. Patience, I have. Frustration... I have that too. As George Harrison once sang, all things must pass. I won't bore you with the lyrics, but they are so true.

The nice thing about all the drama is that it is subsiding. At the pinnacle of the drama, a few packages came. They were the most welcome pieces of mail on Earth, at that point. Packages have a way of showing up at the right times to help me get in a better mood. This package from Shawn, at Balmers Blasters, arrived just in time. If you haven't checked it out, what are you waiting for? Go! Go! Go! Ultra cards and all things Orioles await you.

Let's see what cards arrived from Shawn!

1990 Topps Sticker Backs
55 - Carlton Fisk (2)

1991 Topps 1953 Archives
250 - Bob Wilson

1993 Starting Lineup
500554 - Frank Thomas
500555 - Frank Thomas

1993 Ultra
174 - Lance Johnson
176 - Jack McDowell

1994 Starting Lineup
506928 - Frank Thomas

1995 Bazooka
26 - Robin Ventura
35 - Wilson Alvarez
72 - Alex Fernandez

1995 Collector's Choice SE
234 - Alex Fernandez

1996 Bazooka
49 - Ray Durham
87 - Roberto Hernandez
107 - Lance Johnson

1996 Score
259 - Larry Thomas

1997 Score
160 - Ozzie Guillen
212 - Wilson Alvarez
314 - Jeff Darwin

2007 Upper Deck
619 - Joe Crede
623 - Scott Podsednik

2007 Upper Deck Triple Play
TP-JT - Jim Thome

2008 Upper Deck X XPotential
X-JT

Thanks, Shawn! That's a great assortment of oddball Sox cards and a few holes in my collection. Plus, it was a great pick me up. I never really got how the numbering system for the Starting Lineup cards were. I couldn't find the Sluggers card anywhere, but I discovered them in the same package in an eBay auction. I'm too lazy to drag out the big book to look it up.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...