Monday, June 22, 2009

Mailbox Joys: Logoless Fisk

2008 Donruss Threads - Baseball Americana Materials Position #BA-12 - Carlton Fisk 47/75

Does that seem like a mouthful to you? Yeah, me too. In fact, it took longer to get here than it took to say it. This card was stuck in an Alabama post office for over a month due to a faulty calculation of postage. Luckily, the postage price included delivery confirmation, so it was easily tracked.

Was it worth the wait? Sure. It's another Fisk to add to the collection. Granted, Carlton looks like more of an umpire here than a player. That is a Carlton Fisk personally worn piece of material. So it's got that going for it.

For what the card actually cost me, I paid three cents a day for this card to go on a scenic vacation of the Gulf Shores, Alabama post office. This card has seen more places and met more people than I will this summer. That's kind of sad.

I've seen much better Fisk cards out there, but for the price I paid and the journey of the destination, it has a home here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...