Sunday, February 24, 2019

Card Shop Pick Ups

My friend came to visit for a few days back in October. (Yes, I picked these out in October. Yes, I'm just posting about it now.) One of the places that he wanted to visit was the card shop. I reluctantly agreed.

He picked up some Ryne Sandberg cards and I picked up these cards.

I will tell you that it is difficult to find a full spectrum of White Sox cards in Kalamazoo, so I was lucky to find these.

 2008 Upper Deck Timeline #161 - Ken Griffey Jr.

I already had the Griffey card, but it didn't look familiar to me and I didn't have access to my list. Maybe I will try to get it autographed at some point. Has anyone had any successes with Griffey Jr. TTM?


1965 Topps Embossed #64 - Pete Ward

I was pretty stoked to find the Pete Ward card. I've always been fascinated by the '65 embossed cards.


2011 Topps Lineage Rookies #2 - Chris Sale

A Chris Sale rookie? Sure!


2014 Donruss Studio Series 2 #11 - Jose Abreu

Still doesn't remind me of Studio, but I like it. Can't Panini get their license already? I'd prefer logos.


2014 Topps The Future Is Now #FN-JA3 - Jose Abreu

A nice inset set that escaped me for White Sox cards.


2014 Topps The Future Is Now #FN-JA13 - Jose Abreu

See above comment.


2017 Topps Heritage Chrome #THC-429 - Jose Abreu

Another card from one of the few sets I'm trying to complete.


2015 Topps Heritage Award Winners #AW-5 - Jose Abreu

Hey! A Rookie of the Year card! Never saw this particular card when it first came out.


2017 Topps National Baseball Card Day #23 - Yoan Moncada

I never seem to get the White Sox cards on National Baseball Card Day. Some years I miss it completely. Shhh.

Not a bad haul from a card shop that specialized in Tigers cards.

4 comments:

John Sharp said...

Fanfare or at Scott's?

Steve Gierman said...

Fanfare

Bulldog said...

It is tough without the logos. The players and cads just don't look the same. Griffey in a White Sox uni - I'll never get used to that look.

Steve how can I get a hold of you - e-mail?

Steve Gierman said...

Bulldog, you can reach me through e-mail at FMercury39 @ aol.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...